Foodies’ Night Recipe – Teresa’s Sour Cream Plum Cake
Teresa’s Sour Cream Plum Cake
This is a delicious recipe prefect around this Christmas festive time.
185 gms butter
200 gms caster sugar
250 gms flour
3 eggs (7’s)
800 gm tin Black Doris Plums
3 tsp baking power
70 gms ground almonds
250 gms sour cream
1 tsp almond essence (optional)
- Cream butter and sugar
- Beat eggs, one at a time. Add essence if using
- Sift in dry ingredients. Add sour cream and gently fold everything together
- Line 23cm loose bottom cake tin, with baking paper and grease sides with butter
- Place cake mix in tin and slightly smooth top
- Drain plums and take out stones; cut plums in half and place evenly over cake mixture; and press into cake
Bake in moderate oven for 40 – 50 mins. Leave to cool in tin. Sprinkle with icing sugar when cooled.
Serve with cream or custard.
More ideas: In place of icing sugar sprinkle with raw sugar mixed with ginger on top
- Recipe supplied by Teresa Downer