Mid-Winter Mini Christmas puddings
Mini Christmas puddings
200g Plain flour
1 cup Fresh breadcrumbs
1 cup Light brown sugar
1 Orange, finely grated rind only
1 medium Carrot, shredded
400g Dried fruit, mixed
200g Coconut oil
2 Tbsp Blackstrap molasses
2 Large Eggs, lightly beaten
200ml Stout, or use lemonade
- Lightly grease 10-12 dariole moulds or small ramekins (no 1 size) and line the bases with baking paper.
- Preheat the oven to 160C.
- Combine the dry ingredients and the wet separately. Stir the wet into the dry. Mix well.
- Spoon into the prepared moulds. Place in a large roasting pan. Pour hot water into the pan to halfway up the sides of the moulds. Cover tightly with foil.
- Carefully lift into the oven and bake for 1¼ hours. Remove the roasting pan from the oven and allow the puds to cool in the water.
- Remove the puds from their moulds and store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 weeks or freeze.
- Reheat in the microwave before serving. Great served with custard or whipped cream.