My Moments Photo Competition
- Entry is free of charge.
- The photo needs to be taken by the entrant.
- There are 4 categories, 1 winner will be selected in each category. One entrant cannot win more than 1 category, but you can enter up to 3 photos in each category:
- Nature & gardens
- Friends & family
- Village life
- Enter your photo by 5pm, 30 June, no late entries will be accepted.
- Photos will be judged by a panel and the winners will be notified early July.
- Digital photos need to be print quality. This means the size of the photo needs to be a resolution of minimum 300dpi (dots per inch). Minimum size is 1 megabyte (MB), maximum 10MB.
- Please see terms & conditions for further rules.
Yes. Always ask for permission before entering. If your photo wins, it will be featured in The Villager Magazine. It is your responsibility to gain permission from people featured in your photo. By entering, Metlifecare will accept that you have approval from people featured in your photo, giving Metlifecare the right to publish your photo/s publicly on Metlifecare communication channels.
Yes, but no photos will be accepted that were taken before January 2020.
No, we prefer natural photos. It must not have been manipulated in any way other than global colour and exposure adjustments considered standard in RAW processing.
An image with a high DPI (dots per inch) value means it has a high resolution, suitable for print. Photo experts recommend setting a resolution of 300 DPI to get high quality prints. In general, anything over 3.5 megabytes (MB) would be classed as a high-resolution image.
Yes, the photo should be, or have been taken by the entrant only.
5pm, 30 June 2023.
Ask your village manager for an entry form and hand it back to them by 30 June 2023, they will send it on to us for entry.
Yes, please state this clearly on your entry form when submitting a hard-copy photo.
You can enter all 4 categories but only win in 1 category. You cannot win more than 1 category, however, you can enter up to 3 photos in each category.
You can only win 1 category. If you enter more than 1 category, we’ll choose your winning photo in 1 category.
We have 3 professional judges. These include NZ Geographic Magazine owner, publisher and ex-editor James Frankham, The Villager Magazine publisher, LauraGrace McFarland and Metlifecare General Manager Sales and Marketing, Dave Martin.
Each 1 of the 4 category winners will win a hamper and prezzy card to the total value of $500.
Yes, your photo will be featured in the next edition of The Villager Magazine, and potentially in other Metlifecare communication channels.