Cambodian-style Coconut rice pudding
01 May 2023
A winter warmer, this is a fresh and fruity take on a classic from Greenwood Park chef Patricia Porecel and Food Services Manager at Bayswater and Greenwood Park Tomas Rodriguez.
(Gluten free & dairy free)
- 1 cup of rice (any that you may have in the pantry)
- 2 cups of coconut cream
- ½ cup of white sugar
- 1 small tin of mango slices
- 2 tbsp of sago (optional)
- Pinch of cinnamon
- Wash the rice thoroughly until water runs clear.
- In a small pot add the rice, coconut cream and cinnamon powder. Cook, stirring every 5 minutes.
- While the rice is cooking, blend ¾ of the mango and add it to a pot with 100ml of water and the sago. Cook until soft in texture.
- Chop the remaining mango into small chunks to use as a garnish or mix with the sauce for more texture.
- Once the rice is cooked and has a creamy texture, add the sugar, and stir for another 5 minutes.
- Serve the creamy rice warm with the mango sauce. Decorate with some dried blueberries and toasted coconut (both optional). Enjoy!