Christmas Navarin of Lamb Recipe
20 October 2022
The Poynton's Food Services Manager, Wayne Kemp, has kindly shared his delicious navarin of lamb recipe, just in time for Christmas.
- 1 kg of lamb leg or shoulder (cut into cubes)
- Olive oil
- 1 x onion
- 1 x swede (cut into cubes )
- 3 cups of beef stock
- 1 cup of white wine
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tbsp golden syrup or soft brown sugar
- Bouquet garni of rosemary, bay leaf, thyme (fresh if you have it) & peppercorns
- Sour cream
- Fresh herbs to garnish
- Pomegranate seeds
- 8 x cherry tomatoes
- ¼ cucumber
- 100 gram pineapple
- 2 tips of fresh mint
- Squeeze of lemon
- ¼ red onion
- 3 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- Baby carrots
- Green beans
- New season potatoes
- Sour cream
- Fresh herbs
- Sauté the onion and lamb in the olive oil until browned, add tomato paste, beef stock, swede, wine and sugar.
- Put above ingredients into a slow cooker or deep covered oven tray and add the bouquet garni and cook until tender.
- Remove sauce from tray and back into a pot and thicken with cornflour and check the seasoning mix. If you use maze cornflour your dish will be gluten free.
- To make the salsa, finely chop onion, cucumber, pineapple, cherry tomatoes (in quarters), squeeze the lemon, chop the mint and add sweet chili and pomegranate seeds.
- Cook vegetables of your choice.
- Add sour cream and fresh herbs and serve.
Enjoy and Merry Christmas from The Poynton team!