Culinary delights - sausage roll recipe
01 September 2022
Those lucky enough to live at Longford Park will have first-hand experience of Kitchen Manager River Wilner's culinary talents. Don't live at Longford Park? Don't worry! Try recreating her infamous sausage roll recipe at home. Sure to go down a treat at your next morning tea.
River Wilner's Beef Sausage Rolls
- 300g Beef mince
- 200g sausage meat
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/2 small onion, finely diced
- ¼ tsp salt
- Sprinkle of pepper
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 1T chopped parsley
- 1 tsp oyster sauce
- 1 tsp beef stock powder
- 2T fruit chutney
- 6 sheets pre-rolled flaky pastry, thawed
- 1 egg
- Dried thyme
- Mix all filling ingredients together in mixer.
- Beat the egg with a pinch of salt.
- Cut each pastry sheet in half.
- Line a large baking tray with baking paper.
- Lay one-sixth of the sausage mixture in a line along one of the long edges of a pastry rectangle. Brush the long edges of the pastry with a little egg and roll up to enclose the filling. Repeat to form 6 long rolls, putting each onto a cutting board as it’s ready.
- Cut into your desired size.
- Put the rolls onto the prepared baking tray.
- Brush the tops with the beaten egg and sprinkle with the dried thyme.
- Cook in preheated oven at 180°C for 15-20 minutes, until golden brown and thoroughly heated through.