Resident recipe: gluten friendly cheese scones
Looking for a cheesy treat to enjoy in lockdown? Greenwich Gardens resident Judy Henderson has kindly shared her favourite gluten-free cheese scone recipe.
2 cups gluten free flour
2 heaped teaspoons of baking powder
1 teaspoon mustard powder
Pinch of cayenne pepper
Pinch of salt
4 cups grated tasty cheese (Mainland is best)
- Sift dry ingredients together, grate cold butter and mix
- Add Tasty cheese and mix slightly
- Add milk to make firm dough
- Pat into rectangles (or circles), and brush with milk
- Sprinkle with extra cheese
Bake at 10-15 minutes at 210 degrees.