Spiced Cranberry Christmas Punch
Christmas is here! Spice up your holiday season with this flavourful Christmas punch, a favourite recipe shared by for Longford Park Kitchen Manager, River Wilner.
For the Spiced Cranberry base:
- 1 small jar (approx. 275g) Cranberry Sauce
- 2 Tbsp Honey
- 2 Cinnamon Quills
- 1 Star Anise
- 10 Cloves
- 8 Allspice (Pimento) berries
- 1 inch length fresh ginger root, thinly sliced
Put all spice base ingredients into a pot and cover with water. Bring to a gentle boil and simmer, stirring regularly for 5 minutes. Let cool, then strain. If you like, you can pick the whole spices and ginger out and keep the jammy sauce to add to the punch as well. Otherwise, strain by pushing through a sieve to get the most liquid you can out.
For the Punch:
- Spiced Cranberry mix as above
- 1 Cup Orange Juice
- 2 Cups Ginger Beer
- 4 Cups Soda Water
- 2 Cups Cranberry Juice
- 1-2 Cups Vodka (depending how much of a “punch” you want to give it!)
- ½ Cup Cointreau or Triple Sec Liqueur
- 1 Lemon, thinly sliced, seeds removed
- 1 Orange, thinly sliced, seeds removed
- Fresh Rosemary Sprigs
- Star Anise
In a large jug or punch bowl mix all ingredients, except Soda Water and ice, together. Keep well chilled. Right before serving add the Soda Water. Ice can be added to individual glasses or added to the punch bowl directly before serving.
Clink, Drink and Enjoy! Merry Christmas!