Spiced Easter Chocolate Cupcakes
SPICED EASTER CHOCOLATE CUPCAKES
125g butter (softened)
½ cup caster sugar
1 tbsp maple syrup
1 cup flour
2 tbsp cocoa
1 tsp mixed spice
2 tsp baking powder
½ cup milk
¼ cup icing sugar
Milk to bind
2 tbsp sugar
¼ tsp cinnamon
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C and arrange paper cases in a medium sized muffin pan.
- Beat the butter and sugar until pale and creamy. Add the maple syrup and eggs one at a time, beating well between each.
- Sift flour, cocoa, spice and baking powder and fold the mixture into the wet ingredients with the milk.
- Spoon into prepared paper cases and bake for 15 minutes until firm and spongy.
- To make the crosses, combine icing sugar with milk to a stiff paste.
- Cool the cupcakes before piping on the icing crosses. Combine the extra sugar and cinnamon, and dust the tops of the cupcakes.