Assisted living in a Serviced Apartment, Rest Home or Hospital
Even for the most able retiree, there comes a time when help is needed with the basics of day-to-day living. Family members often step in to provide support, however there is always a limit to how much time can be committed and the level of care they can provide.
This is where serviced apartment living at Highlands can provide the ideal answer. We offer a whole host of services, 24-hour support and a quality of life that you or your loved ones truly deserve. While you may be at a stage where you need a higher level of care, you can keep the spirit of independence, while your family can rest assured that you are always in safe hands and in good company. For advice on how to talk to your loved ones about moving into a retirement village click here.
What is a serviced apartment?
A serviced apartment at Highlands is a quality home designed for someone who values their independence but would benefit from having access to additional services. Home for them will be a comfortable low maintenance apartment situated very close to the hub of the village and a sunny lounge to interact with other residents and staff. For peace of mind and regular engagement they will enjoy:
- 24-hour emergency call system and a call pendant for the neck
- Health monitoring assessment by a registered nurse
- Electricity usage and heating of apartment included
- Weekly laundry all picked up, washed, dried, folded and returned back to you
- Nutritious meals including breakfast supplies, midday meal and 2-course evening meal
- Social programme designed specifically for serviced apartment residents
- Weekly cleaning including bathroom, kitchen, floors, vacuuming, dusting and removal of rubbish
- Bowling green, pétanque terrain, spa & swimming pool to keep active
- Crafts room as well as lounge to spend quality time with fellow residents
- Dining room close to your home to enjoy social meal times
- External house maintenance and house insurance
- Library full of great books
- Rates including council and water rates
- Transport to assist with shopping