Assisted living in a Serviced Apartment
Even for the most able retiree, there comes a time when help is needed with the basics of day-to-day living. Family members often step in to provide support, however there is always a limit to how much time can be committed and the level of care they can provide.
This is where serviced apartment living at Edgewater Village can provide the ideal answer. We offer a whole host of services, 24-hour support and a quality of life that you or your loved ones truly deserve. While you may be at a stage where you need a higher level of care, you can keep the spirit of independence, while your family can rest assured that you are always in safe hands and in good company. For advice on how to talk to your loved ones about moving into a retirement village click here.
What is a serviced apartment?
A serviced apartment at Edgewater Village is a quality home designed for someone who values their independence but would benefit from having access to additional services. Home for them will be a comfortable low maintenance apartment situated very close to the hub of the village and a sunny lounge to interact with other residents and staff. Click here to take a virtual tour and see inside a typical serviced apartment. For peace of mind and regular engagement they will enjoy:
- 24-hour emergency call system
- Health monitoring assessment by a registered nurse
- Laundry including weekly laundering of bed linen, towels and personal laundry, all picked up, washed, dried, folded and returned back to you
- Morning & afternoon tea available daily
- Nutritious 2-course evening meal
- Social programme designed specifically for serviced apartment residents
- Weekly cleaning including bathroom, kitchen, floors, vacuuming, dusting and removal of rubbish
- Community centre lounge to spend quality time with fellow residents
- Dining room close to your home to enjoy social meal times
- External house maintenance and house insurance
- Library full of great books
- Pétanque terrain, bowling green, spa & swimming pool to keep active
- Rates including council and water rates
- Transport to assist with shopping
Great care comes from great people.
At Edgewater Village we pride ourselves on the quality of our staff because they make such a big difference to how your loved ones live. We look for staff with the right skills and relevant hands-on experience, but there is more to it than that. This job is about relationships and earning trust, so we handpick staff who care deeply about our residents. For them, treating people with dignity and respect comes naturally – it comes from the heart.
- We have the skills and experience
- Edgewater Village is a member of the Retirement Village Association
- All our nursing staff are registered with the NZ Nursing Council and hold a current Practising Certificate
- All our non-regulated care workers have access to Aged Care Education training programmes