Assisted living in a serviced apartment
Even for the most able retiree, there comes a time when help is needed with the basics of day-to-day living. Family members often step in to provide support, however there is always a limit to how much time can be committed and the level of care they can provide. This is where serviced apartment living at Hibiscus Coast Village can provide the ideal answer.
We can provide a whole host of services, 24-hour support and a quality of life that you or your loved ones truly deserve. While you may be at a stage where you need a higher level of care, you can keep the spirit of independence, while your family can rest assured that you are always in safe hands and in good company. For advice on how to talk to your loved ones about moving into a retirement village click here.
What is a serviced apartment?
A serviced apartment at Hibiscus Coast Village is a quality home designed for people who value their independence but enjoy access to additional services. In addition to their comfortable home they are situated very closely to the hub of the village and a sunny lounge to interact with other residents and staff. Serviced Apartment residents enjoy access to:
- 24-hour emergency call system
- All electricity and heating of apartment
- Weekly laundry including bed making
- Nutritious meals including breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Social programme designed specifically for serviced apartment residents
- Weekly cleaning including bathroom, kitchen, floors, vacuuming, dusting and removal of rubbish
- Café & restaurant to meet with friends and family
- Dining room close to your home to enjoy social meal times
- External house maintenance and house insurance
- Health monitoring assessment by a registered nurse
- Library full of great books and lounges to relax in
- Pétanque terrain, spa & swimming pool to keep active
- Rates including council and water rates
- Transport to assist with shopping and appointments
Great care comes from great people.
At Hibiscus Coast we pride ourselves on the quality of our staff because they make such a big difference to how your loved ones live. We look for staff with the right skills and relevant hands-on experience, but there is more to it than that. This job is about relationships and earning trust, so we handpick staff who care deeply about our residents. For them, treating people with dignity and respect comes naturally – it comes from the heart.
We have the skills and experience
- Hibiscus Coast Village is a member of the Retirement Village Association
- All our nursing staff are registered with the NZ Nursing Council and hold a current Practising Certificate
- All our non-regulated care workers have access to Aged Care Education training programmes
- Metlifecare has contracts with some local District Health Boards to provide excellent care for our residents