Assisted living in a Serviced Apartment, Rest Home or Hospital
Even for the most able retiree, there comes a time when help is needed with the basics of day-to-day living. Family members often step in to provide support, however there is always a limit to how much time can be committed and the level of care they can provide.
This is where serviced apartment living can provide the ideal answer. We offer a whole host of services, 24-hour support and a quality of life that you or your loved ones truly deserve. While you may be at a stage where you need a higher level of care, you can keep the spirit of independence, while your family can rest assured that you are always in safe hands and in good company. For advice on how to talk to your loved ones about moving into a retirement village click here.
What do our residents say?
“When Mum was still at home we’d have to spend time doing the vacuuming, the laundry and things like that. Now we come in, enjoy each other’s company and make the most of every moment we have together,” Daughter of our Serviced Apartment resident.
What is a serviced apartment?
A serviced apartment is a quality home designed for someone who values their independence but would benefit from having access to additional services. Home for them will be a comfortable low maintenance apartment situated very close to the hub of the village and a sunny lounge to interact with other residents and staff. For peace of mind and regular engagement they will enjoy:
- 24-hour emergency call system in every serviced apartment
- Companion care to go about your daily tasks, such as appointments, shopping or even to have company in the comfort of your home
- Complimentary wellness clinic
- Craft & games room to spend quality time with fellow residents
- Daily service visit with a friendly morning greeting to start the day and an apartment refresh
- Dining room close to your home to enjoy social meal times
- Health monitoring assessment by a registered nurse
- Laundry service all picked up, washed, dried, folded and returned to you
- Library full of great books and lounge to relax in
- Medication management and administration so that you never run out or forget to take your medication
- Nutritious meals including breakfast, midday meal and evening meal
- Personal care assistance including showering, grooming and more
- Customised social programme designed specifically for serviced apartment residents
- Spa & swimming pool for low impact exercise
- Weekly cleaning including bathroom, kitchen, vacuuming, dusting and removal of rubbish
Care Home with rest home and hospital on-site
We advocate ‘resident directed care’ where the care is led by our resident’s choices with an emphasis on providing quality of life.
For a greater daily support we offer a full continuum of care with rest home and residential hospital level care on-site. A 38-bed care home including rest home and hospital, offering 24-hour care, provides a safe and comfortable environment. They are close to our other accommodations, so partners can visit easily.
Great care comes from great people.
Metlifecare pride ourselves on the quality of our staff because they make such a big difference to how your loved ones live. We look for staff with the right skills and relevant hands-on experience, but there is more to it than that. This job is about relationships and earning trust, so we handpick staff who care deeply about our residents. For them, treating people with dignity and respect comes naturally – it comes from the heart.
Our care home is certified and audited to provide safe and appropriate care for our residents with Ministry of Health Audit reports available here.
We have the skills and experience.
- All our nursing staff are registered with the NZ Nursing Council and hold a current Practising Certificate
- All our non-regulated care workers have access to Aged Care Education training programmes