We advocate ‘resident directed care’ that is led by our resident’s choices with an emphasis on providing quality of life and help assisting with day-to-day living.
A serviced apartment is a quality comfortable home designed for people who value their independence and privacy but enjoy access to additional services, 24-hour support and a quality of life that you or your loved one truly deserves. For advice on how to talk to your loved ones about moving into a village click here.
Serviced apartments are situated close to the village hub and a sunny lounge to interact with other residents and staff, and have access to:
- Social programme designed specifically for serviced apartment residents
- Weekly laundry
- Nutritious meals including breakfast, midday meal and 2-course evening meal
- Weekly cleaning including bathroom, kitchen, floors, vacuuming, dusting and removal of rubbish
- 24-hour emergency call system
- Bush walk to get out and about
- Dining room close to your home to enjoy social meal times
- External house maintenance and house insurance
- Games room and lounges to spend quality time with fellow residents
- Health monitoring assessment by a registered nurse
- Library full of great books, puzzles and computers with internet access
- Pétanque terrain, spa & swimming pool to keep active
- Transport to assist with shopping and appointments
- Rates (council and water rates), electricity usage and heating of apartment included in a fee
What do our residents say?
With a big smile, Mary Saunders describes how she is from as ‘all over the place’. So how did she come to be living at Crestwood retirement village in New Lynn?
Click here to read more.
Care home on-site
24-hour support offering rest home level care. As it is located in the village, partners can easily visit. View our Care Home brochure.
Certification requires an independent auditing agency approved by the Ministry of Health to complete a comprehensive audit of compliance against the NZ Health & Disability sector standards.
Certification can range from 1 year to a maximum of 4 years
Great care comes from great people
We pride ourselves on the quality of our staff because they make a big difference to our residents. We look for staff with the right skills and relevant hands-on experience, but there is more to it than that. This job is about relationships and earning trust, so we handpick staff who care deeply about our residents. For them, treating people with dignity and respect comes naturally – it comes from the heart.
To ensure residents remain at the centre of what we do we embrace a philosophy of resident-directed care and here are just some examples:
- Aim to de-institutionalise our care home and have taken steps, such as removing showering schedules and letting residents decide when they would like to shower.
- Boredom and loneliness are incredibly negative forces, so we now have a range of spontaneous unscheduled events taking place to have fun and engage in meaningful activities that provide variety and build social bonds.
- For our residents the village is their home and we are very respectful of that fact.
- At Crestwood we have always welcomed pets and this approach is now being embraced by our care home. When you visit us meet our dog and birds.
- Inviting the community into Crestwood keeps the environment vibrant and relevant. We welcome local community groups, from schools and youth groups to cultural and musical groups.
These initiatives are incredibly rewarding for the residents and staff alike and further enhances the feeling of community and family that Crestwood is known for. Our care home is certified and audited to provide safe and appropriate care for our residents with Ministry of Health Audit reports available here.
We have the skills and experience
- Crestwood is a member of the Retirement Village Association
- All our nursing staff are registered with the NZ Nursing Council and hold a current Practising Certificate
- All our non-regulated care workers have access to Aged Care Education training programmes
- Metlifecare has contracts with some local District Health Boards to provide excellent care for our residents