Even for the most able retiree, there comes a time when help is needed with the basics of day-to-day living. Family members often step in to provide support, however there is always a limit to how much time can be committed and the level of care they can provide. This is where Flexi-Services Apartment living at can provide the ideal answer.
We can provide a whole host of services, 24-hour support and a quality of life that you or your loved ones truly deserve. While you may be at a stage where you need a higher level of care, you can keep the spirit of independence, while your family can rest assured that you are always in safe hands and in good company. For advice on how to talk to your loved ones about moving into a retirement village click here.
RETAIN DHB PERSONAL CARES SUPPORT
We welcome you to utilise DHB funded personal cares services in your unit to avoid unnecessary costs, or you can use our onsite care and personal support services.
Our purpose-built apartments have a kitchenette and bathroom, offering continued independence with support services tailored to your personal needs.
Care home on-site
24-hour support offering rest home level care. As it is located in the village, partners can easily visit.
Certification requires an independent auditing agency approved by the Ministry of Health to complete a comprehensive audit of compliance against the NZ Health & Disability sector standards.
Certification can range from 1 year to a maximum of 4 years
Great care comes from great people
We pride ourselves on the quality of our staff because they make a big difference to our residents. We look for staff with the right skills and relevant hands-on experience, but there is more to it than that. This job is about relationships and earning trust, so we handpick staff who care deeply about our residents. For them, treating people with dignity and respect comes naturally – it comes from the heart.
To ensure residents remain at the centre of what we do we embrace a philosophy of resident-directed care and here are just some examples:
- Aim to de-institutionalise our care home and have taken steps, such as removing showering schedules and letting residents decide when they would like to shower.
- Boredom and loneliness are incredibly negative forces, so we now have a range of spontaneous unscheduled events taking place to have fun and engage in meaningful activities that provide variety and build social bonds.
- For our residents the village is their home and we are very respectful of that fact.
- At Crestwood we have always welcomed pets and this approach is now being embraced by our care home. When you visit us meet our dog and birds.
- Inviting the community into Crestwood keeps the environment vibrant and relevant. We welcome local community groups, from schools and youth groups to cultural and musical groups.
These initiatives are incredibly rewarding for the residents and staff alike and further enhances the feeling of community and family that Crestwood is known for. Our care home is certified and audited to provide safe and appropriate care for our residents with Ministry of Health Audit reports available here.
We have the skills and experience
- Crestwood is a member of the Retirement Village Association
- All our nursing staff are registered with the NZ Nursing Council and hold a current Practising Certificate
- All our non-regulated care workers have access to Aged Care Education training programmes
- Metlifecare has contracts with some local District Health Boards to provide excellent care for our residents