Assisted living in a serviced apartment
Even for the most able retiree, there comes a time when help is needed with the basics of day-to-day living. Family members often step in to provide support, however there is always a limit to how much time can be committed and the level of care they can provide. This is where serviced apartment living at Pinesong can provide the ideal answer.
We can provide a whole host of services, 24-hour support and a quality of life that you or your loved ones truly deserve. While you may be at a stage where you need a higher level of care, you can keep the spirit of independence, while your family can rest assured that you are always in safe hands and in good company. For advice on how to talk to your loved ones about moving into a retirement village click here.
What do our residents say?
Most people start slowing down when they’re in their 80’s, but for Joan Fulljames, the easy, peace-of-mind serviced apartment living at Pinesong has given her the freedom to thrive.
Click here to read more.
What is a serviced apartment?
A serviced apartment at Pinesong is a home designed for people who value their independence but enjoy access to additional services. In addition to their comfortable home they are situated very closely to the hub of the village and a sunny lounge to interact with other residents and staff. Serviced apartment residents have access to:
- Weekly cleaning including bathroom, kitchen, vacuuming, dusting and removal of rubbish
- Nutritious meals including breakfast, midday meal and evening meal
- Laundry service all picked up, washed, dried, folded and returned to you
- 24-hour emergency call system in every serviced apartment
- Companion care to go about your daily tasks, such as appointments, shopping or even to have company in the comfort of your home
- Craft & games room to spend quality time with fellow residents
- Dining room and lounge close to your home to enjoy social meal times
- Health monitoring assessment by a registered nurse
- Library full of great books
- Medication management and administration so that you never run out or forget to take your medication
- Personal care assistance including showering, grooming and more
- Customised social programme designed specifically for serviced apartment residents
- Spa & swimming pool for low impact exercise and physio
Great care comes from great people.
At Pinesong we pride ourselves on the quality of our staff because they make such a big difference to how your loved ones live. We look for staff with the right skills and relevant hands-on experience, but there is more to it than that. This job is about relationships and earning trust, so we handpick staff who care deeply about our residents. For them, treating people with dignity and respect comes naturally – it comes from the heart.
We have the skills and experience.
- Pinesong is a member of the Retirement Villages Association.
- All our non-regulated care workers, such as caregivers, have access to Aged Care Education training programmes ensuring they have current skills in the aged care sector.
- All our nursing staff are registered as per requirements of NZ Nursing Council and hold a current Practicing Certificate to deliver the best possible service to our residents.