Supported living in a Serviced Apartment, Rest Home or Hospital
We advocate ‘resident directed care’ where the care is led by our resident’s choices with an emphasis on providing quality of life.
Even for the most able retiree, there comes a time when help is needed with the basics of day-to-day living. Family members often step in to provide support, however there is always a limit to how much time can be committed and the level of care they can provide.
A Powley serviced apartment can provide you or your loved one the extra support to live independently. We offer a whole host of services, 24-hour support and go the extra mile to provide a quality of life for you or your loved one. For advice on how to talk to your loved ones about moving into a retirement village click here.
What is a serviced apartment?
A serviced apartment at Powley is a quality home designed for people who value their independence but need a little more support. In addition to their comfortable home they are situated very closely to the hub of the village and a sunny lounge to interact with other residents and staff. Serviced apartment residents have access to:
- Nutritious midday 2-course meal
- Weekly cleaning including bathroom, kitchen, floors, vacuuming
- Daily removal of rubbish
- Electricity usage and heating of apartment included
- Weekly laundering of bed linen and towels
- 24-hour emergency call system
- Games room to spend quality time with fellow residents
- Dining room and lounge close to your home to enjoy social meal times
- External house maintenance and house insurance
- Health monitoring assessment by a registered nurse
- Library full of great books
- Pétanque terrain and spa pool to keep active
- Rates including council and water rates
- Transport to shopping and organised outings
Rest home & hospital on-site
Powley offers a full continuum of care right up to rest home and hospital level care on-site. You will receive 24-hour care from our registered nurses in a safe and comfortable environment. They are close to our other accommodation options, so partners can visit easily. To view our care home brochure please click here.
Great care comes from great people.
At Powley we pride ourselves on the quality of our staff because they make such a big difference to how your loved ones live. We look for staff with the right skills and relevant hands-on experience, but there is more to it than that. This job is about relationships and earning trust, so we handpick staff who care deeply about our residents. For them, treating people with dignity and respect comes naturally – it comes from the heart.
Certification requires an independent auditing agency approved by the Ministry of Health to complete a comprehensive audit of compliance against the NZ Health & Disability sector standards.
Certification can range from 1 year to a maximum of 4 years
Our care home is certified and audited to provide safe and appropriate care for our residents with Ministry of Health Audit reports available here.
We have the skills and experience.
- Powley is a member of the Retirement Village Association
- All our nursing staff are registered with the NZ Nursing Council and hold a current Practising Certificate
- All our non-regulated care workers have access to Aged Care Education training programmes
- Metlifecare has contracts with some local District Health Boards to provide excellent care for our residents