Terms & Conditions - My Moments Photo Competition
Terms & Conditions
- The Metlifecare My Moments Photography competition (the ‘Competition’) is subject to the following Terms and Conditions (‘Conditions’) and by entering the Competition you agree to be bound by them.
- By entering the competition, you warrant to Metlifecare that all information submitted by you regarding yourself, and your competition entry (‘Entry’) is true and accurate and complete in every respect. Metlifecare reserves the right to verify any information provided in connection with your Entry.
- Entries open 5am on 1 June and all Entries must be received by 5pm on 30 June 2023 (‘Closing Date’).
- The Competition is open to all Metlifecare village residents only.
- Metlifecare reserves the right in its absolute discretion to disqualify any entrant if it believes that an entrant has breached any of the Conditions or has infringed the intellectual property of any other person.
- Prize-winners will be selected and notified by 21 July 2023 at the latest, by phone or email. 4 winning images will be selected by the Metlifecare My Moments photo competition judges. All 4 winners will each receive a hamper and prezzy card to the total value of $500.
- Delivery of prizes will be organised through email or phone contact once the winners have been announced.
- The prize is non-transferable and non-exchangeable, and no cash alternatives will be provided.
- We reserve the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value if circumstances beyond our control require doing so.
- Metlifecare's decision on any aspect of the competition is final and binding, and no correspondence will be entered into about it.
- Metlifecare accepts no responsibility for entries lost, damaged or delayed whether due to transmission errors, website malfunction, computer error or otherwise. Intellectual property rights and data protection.
- Entrants agree to their winning photographs appearing in The Villager Magazine, as well as on Metlifecare social media and resident newsletters.
- All Competition entrants unconditionally agree to the use of their name with any Entry which is published in any form in any media.
- You own the copyright to your Competition entry as its author. Your entry must be your own work, must not be copied, must not contain any third-party materials and/or content that you do not have permission to use, must not include any trademarks, and must not show inappropriate or dangerous behaviour, or otherwise be obscene, defamatory, distasteful, offensive, or in breach of any applicable law or regulation, or in breach of any confidentiality obligations owed by you to third parties. If Metlifecare has reason to believe your entry is not your own work or otherwise breaches these Terms and Conditions, then Metlifecare may not consider it and may disqualify it.
- As photographer, you accept to obtain permission for any people featured in your photograph and will ensure that they permit their personal image to be promoted as per the competition intention of publishing the image in Metlifecare internal digital channels and the Villager Magazine. If you are a winner of a category, you will seek and obtain permission of any people obviously featured in your photo. Metlifecare will accept your assurance that this permission has been obtained, and if there are any issues raised about publication of the image from those people featured, you as the photographer will be fully responsible.
- Metlifecare accepts no liability for any damage, loss, injury, or disappointment suffered by any entrants as a result of participating in the competition or being selected for a prize.
- Metlifecare reserves the right, at any time and without prior notice, to cancel the competition or amend these terms and conditions.