Our comprehensive guide Your House. Your Castle. Your Way. gives you the skinny on retirement living options so you can find your perfect fit.
- Independent living – keen to continue the lifestyle you enjoyed outside the village? This one’s for you! Carefully crafted for active retirees, independent living options keep you firmly in the driver’s seat.
- Assisted living apartments – if you relish your freedom but need a little extra support with daily chores (think stuff like laundry, cooking, and cleaning), an assisted living apartment could be just the ticket.
- Care home – need a greater level of support? Care homes offer residential and/or hospital-level care in a home-like environment. Some villages (including many Metlifecare villages) also offer specialised respite care and dementia care.
Let’s dive in and compare the options.
Independent living : live a fabulously independent life without the home maintenance
– village operator usually takes care of lawns, window washing, external cleaning and repairs
– easy access homes, usually single level
– monitored call alarms for added safety
– be as social or as solitary as you like
Assisted living apartments: a winning combination of independence and support
– take a load off and get help with cleaning, laundry and cooking
– medical assistance
– create a bespoke services package to suit your needs (available at Metlifecare)
– less stress with every day chores means more time to amp up the fun factor and immerse yourself in village activities – it’s the best of both worlds!
Care homes: the highest standard of care
– comfortable and welcoming just like home
– round the clock customised care from an experienced care team
– kind, respectful assistance with daily activities
– be supported to maintain your interests and hobbies and live the life you choose
Secure dementia care: unique care for residents suffering from dementia or Alzheimer’s disease
– highly experienced carers and nurses
– respectful, supportive and nurturing environment
– available at select retirement villages
Find out more in our free comprehensive MetGuide!