123 Stanley Road,
Relax in the simple life.
Laid back, and with a tight-knit community, The Orchards retirement village is built on the site of an old citrus orchard, and rises gracefully along the North Shore’s green belt.
Come and see it yourself
Once home to a thriving orchard, this beautiful site is blessed with stunning grounds, lush gardens, and communal vegetable plots. Add to that the sound of birdsong from neighbouring Kaipatiki Scenic Reserve, and you’d be forgiven for thinking you’re in a rural wonderland, though we’re conveniently located in the heart of Glenfield. Take a tour and see for yourself why our residents love the lifestyle at The Orchards.Book a tour
Spacious, easy-care apartments offer quality fixtures and fittings, with a 6 Homestar Built rating, making them twice as efficient and sustainable as standard New Zealand homes.Our state-of-the-art care home offers both rest home and hospital level care, and we also provide respite care, day care and the best palliative care in the area.
For those keen to socialise, our on-site café is the hub of the village. Located in the beautifully restored Cox family homestead, the café is also open to the public.Outside the village gates, enjoy the bush and bird song of the Kaipatiki Scenic Reserve, or take a stroll up the road to the great selection of shops and services at Glenfield Mall.
For more information on The Orchards retirement living, phone Suzee on (027) 218 7985.
The Orchards receives a 6 Homestar Built rating
Did you know that The Orchards and Metlifecare’s Greenwich Gardens are the only two retirement villages in the country to achieve a Homestar Built rating? They offer double the efficiency and sustainability than a standard New Zealand home which means our residents enjoy warmer homes that cost significantly less to run.
Key sustainability features include:
- Solar water heating to communal areas
- Rainwater tank system to communal areas
- Energy efficient heat pumps in apartments
- LED lighting in apartments
- Thermal insulation to a higher level than building code requirements in apartments
- Water efficient fittings in showers, taps and toilets
- 3.5 star WELS rated dishwashers
- Carpet, paint, insulation and wall linings have been selected with approved eco-labels and low VOC emissions
Features and Amenities
- 24-hour emergency call system
- Activities area and billiards
- Art and craft room
- Bar, dining area and lounge
- Cox House Cafe open to residents and public
- Ecare: self-monitor your blood pressure, heart rate and weight
- Gymnasium, swimming pool and spa
- Hair salon and workshop
- Library and theatre
- Outdoor BBQ area
- Vegetable plots
- Wellness clinic
Open Days & Events
Stylish, modern and brand new.
With a choice of one, two and three bedroom apartments, each home encompasses a spacious, open plan living, kitchen and dining area. Every apartment enjoys a generous sized master bedroom and an outdoor balcony, with some having direct access to the beautifully landscaped gardens.
You are responsible for household tasks while we take care of all the outdoor maintenance, leaving you more time to enjoy our extensive recreational facilities and social activities.
Assisted Living at THE ORCHARDS
Assisted Living options, also commonly known as Supported Living, are designed for residents who require regular support with daily tasks. In addition to independent living options, we can offer a full continuum of care, with rest home and residential hospital level care on-site.
Aged care with a difference
The Orchards offers a wide range of care options, with rest home and hospital level care on-site as well as respite care, day care, and the highest quality palliative care.
Strong advocates of resident-directed care, we strive to meet the unique and evolving needs of each resident. Our work is shaped by our residents’ choices and we collaborate closely with residents and their families to provide an environment that actively champions independence, freedom and quality of life.
Respectful and compassionate
When you need full time care, it’s important to know you are in the best possible hands, and we pride ourselves on the quality of our staff. Our nurse manager and team of registered nurses and trained caregivers are dedicated to making a positive difference to the lives of our residents. They’re professional, highly skilled, and they love what they do.
But this passion for helping people live their best lives extends beyond the medical care we offer. It can also be found in the delicious meals we serve and the engaging activities we provide. The Orchards care home is a place where you can make the most of each day and enjoy a level of care that will give you a new lease on life.
We believe that everybody deserves to be treated with dignity and respect. To us that means providing individualised services and care, delivered with a giant dollop of kindness and compassion.
The Orchards care home – a unique aged care experience
- Homely, welcoming environment
- Our buddy system ensures new residents quickly settle in
- Enjoy fresh, nutritious meals in our care home dining room, with a choice of two options in the evening – or take advantage of our fantastic café and barbecue facilities
- There’s plenty of community interaction, including visits from students at the local college through to our highly popular weekly visits from Canine Friends Pet Therapy
- An engaging line-up of daily activities that enhance quality of life
- Our day care service offers village residents, and those out in the community, the chance to take a break with some quality care and pampering
- We have a reputation of offering the best palliative care in the area – our nurses are trained in palliative care and we also work closely with hospice.
In this care home, the accommodation supplement pricing ranges from a minimum of $27.60 to a maximum of $55.19 per day. This pricing covers additional comforts and facilities over and above the standard provision for residential care.
View, download or share with your family & friends our Care Home brochure below