The Orchards is a retirement village in Glenfield on Auckland’s North Shore. Recently complete, this boutique village offers independent apartment living set amongst beautiful grounds and gardens and is home to a community of residents that enjoy the benefits of the laid-back retirement lifestyle it offers. This village also offer a continuum of care with rest home and residential hospital care on-site in its care home.
The Orchards has a small number of brand new apartments available, as this is a popular village we don’t expect these to be available for much longer.
For more information on The Orchards retirement living, phone Suzee on (027) 218 7985
The Orchards receives a 6 Homestar Built rating
Did you know that The Orchards and Metlifecare’s Greenwich Gardens are the only two retirement villages in the country to achieve a Homestar Built rating? They offer double the efficiency and sustainability than a standard New Zealand home which means our residents enjoy warmer homes that cost significantly less to run.
Key sustainability features include:
- Solar water heating to communal areas
- Rainwater tank system to communal areas
- Energy efficient heat pumps in apartments
- LED lighting in apartments
- Thermal insulation to a higher level than building code requirements in apartments
- Water efficient fittings in showers, taps and toilets
- 3.5 star WELS rated dishwashers
- Carpet, paint, insulation and wall linings have been selected with approved eco-labels and low VOC emissions
Supporting the local school through Leadership & Innovation Award
The Orchards supports the wider local community by proudly sponsoring Glenfield College’s Leadership and Innovation scholarship programme. Click here to find out more.
Facilities & Amenities
Exceptional facilities have been designed to ensure you make the most of your retirement. See the list in the side bar to see what our residents enjoy access to.