The Orchards is a retirement village in Glenfield on Auckland’s North Shore. Recently complete, this boutique village offers independent apartment living set amongst beautiful grounds and gardens and is home to a community of residents that enjoy the benefits of the laid-back retirement lifestyle it offers. This village also offer a continuum of care with rest home and residential hospital care on-site in its care home.
The Orchards has a small number of brand new apartments available, as this is a popular village we don’t expect these to be available for much longer.
For more information on The Orchards retirement living, phone Suzee on (027) 218 7985
The Orchards receives a 6 Homestar Built rating
Did you know that The Orchards and Metlifecare’s Greenwich Gardens are the only two retirement villages in the country to achieve a Homestar Built rating? They offer double the efficiency and sustainability than a standard New Zealand home which means our residents enjoy warmer homes that cost significantly less to run.
Key sustainability features include:
- Solar water heating to communal areas
- Rainwater tank system to communal areas
- Energy efficient heat pumps in apartments
- LED lighting in apartments
- Thermal insulation to a higher level than building code requirements in apartments
- Water efficient fittings in showers, taps and toilets
- 3.5 star WELS rated dishwashers
- Carpet, paint, insulation and wall linings have been selected with approved eco-labels and low VOC emissions
Supporting the local school through Leadership & Innovation Award
The Orchards supports the wider local community by proudly sponsoring Glenfield College’s Leadership and Innovation scholarship programme. Click here to find out more.
Facilities & Amenities
Exceptional facilities have been designed to ensure you make the most of your retirement. See the list in the side bar to see what our residents enjoy access to.
Features and Amenities
- 24-hour emergency call system
- Activities area and billiards
- Art and craft room
- Bar, dining area and lounge
- Cox House Cafe open to residents and public
- Ecare: self-monitor your blood pressure, heart rate and weight
- Gymnasium, swimming pool and spa
- Hair salon and workshop
- Library and theatre
- Outdoor BBQ area
- Vegetable plots
- Wellness clinic