What is assisted living?
Assisted living is for those who need more of a helping hand with day-to-day activities like cooking, cleaning, laundry, personal care and medication management.
Assisted living at Metlifecare is usually offered in purpose-built serviced apartments with a kitchenette and bathroom. It’s right for you if you value your independence and still want your own space, but need some additional support you can count on to make life easier.
Assisted living at Metlifecare is flexible – you can choose the additional services that you need from a services menu which you can find on each village’s information page. Find a village here. Even better, there’s no charge for moving from independent living to assisted living, and we’ll do everything we can to help make your transition as easy as possible.
Is assisted living right for you?
Our purpose-built studio or one bedroom apartments have a kitchenette and bathroom, offering continued independence with assisted living services tailored to your personal needs.
- Do you still value your own space, and the comfort of your furniture and belongings, but need additional support with cleaning, catering or care?
- Do you want to be able to choose the services you need, but be flexible to add or remove services as your needs change?
- Do you fancy coming home to a clean apartment and a tasty cooked meal?
What else do I need to know about assisted living?
- You can retain DHB support
To avoid unnecessary costs, we welcome you to utilise DHB-funded personal care services. Alternatively, you can use our onsite care and personal support services.
- Offer 24-hour emergency assistance
You and your family can rest safe in the knowledge that you have access to a 24-hour emergency call response.
Stay independent, with the freedom of choosing what you do and don’t need.