33 Gloucester Road,
Where everyone knows your name
Good things come in small packages, and if you’re looking for an intimate, cosy place to call home, Metlifecare’s Somervale may just be it.
Small in size but big in heart, this is a retirement village with an unbeatable sense of community. A place where residents know each other by name, and where great store is set on family and friendship.
Somervale village tours and sales of independent living units and serviced apartments are currently on hold due to a proposed redevelopment of the village.
If you would like further information about Metlifecare villages in the Bay of Plenty please click here
New home, new adventures
Quality of life is a top priority at Somervale, and we work hard to ensure our care home residents are engaged and having fun. We have a full-time diversional therapist and a full-time activities coordinator who create a lively calendar of events and outings. Family members are welcomed – and encouraged – to join in.
Somervale care home – a unique aged care experience
- Outstanding location right by the beach and an easy stroll to Bayfair Shopping Centre
- Nicely appointed care home with a welcoming and intimate environment, just like home
- Cutting edge care home facilities, including sensor technology along the side of all beds (which also all have pressure-relieving mattresses), and digitalised individual care plans
- Doctors, physios, wound care specialists, speech and language therapists and a wide range of other health professionals visit residents on-site
- Lovely large rooms, each with ensuite, air conditioning, digital TVs on the wall, and La-Z-Boy-style reclining chairs
- Somervale is a great option for couples – even if your individual needs change, you can stay close by
- Two care home rooms are funded by the DHB for Transitional Active Care (people needing rehabilitation)
- Respite care (according to room availability) and palliative care.
In this care home, the accommodation supplement pricing ranges from a minimum of $37.70 to a maximum of $77.26 per day. This pricing covers additional comforts and facilities over and above the standard provision for residential care.
For more details about Somervale, please contact Heather on 07 572 9020 who can discuss the care suite options available.
What residents are saying
Heather says…Thank you for helping me with mum and dad after I had been unable to make contact and after my less than successful telephone call with various staff of a telephone provider regarding their phone number not connecting. Thanks also for setting up the new phone Vodafone couriered to them. It’s really nice to know my parents are in an environment which is caring and safe for them.